General Ledger Accountant
Location: Callington, Cornwall, England
Salary: GBP28000 - 30000 per Annum
Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: MMPLYGACO
Posted: 08/06/2022Apply Now
Wise Employment are searching for a General Ledger Accountant on behalf of a well-established, growing production company based in Callington. This is a Permanent Full-time Hybrid (2 days in the office) position within their general ledger department.
This position is on a salary of £29k a plus brilliant benefits package.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing journal entries and reconciling financial statements and accounts. You will need to ensure data accuracy for all the customer businesses within shared services.
This position will require a keen eye for detail to analyse data and reports for accuracy and measure trends in financial information. Utilising your customer service skills with sites, suppliers, and 3rd parties, the right candidate will control and compliance with shared services. This is an exciting role with various challenges and occasional travel.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Preparation of monthly business accounts for review and preparation, then post payments.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and practice of control packs for review.
- Record accruals and depreciation, amortisation, and all entries related to non-current assets.
- Enter payroll journals when required
- Weekly cash flow forecasting and maintaining fixed asset register.
- Support other Shared Services team members regarding specific finance queries, e.g., VAT queries
- Processing of expenses and reconciliation of credit card expenditure
- Cashier and treasury duties as required, such as preparation of bank payments and transfers
- Contribute to the audit process for Shared Services, working with auditors on any specific queries
- Ad-hoc finance tasks as requested
For this position, you will need experience working in a Fast-paced finance team
- GCSEs / A Levels / AAT Level 4 (AAT qualified desirable)
- MS Dynamics AX experience (desirable)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Computer literate, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook & Teams.
This is a Monday – Friday position 8.30 am – 5 pm. Permanent office based role with hybrid working opportunities.
If you are keen on progressing your career for a long-standing and reputable company and earning a competitive salary, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now