Customs Specialist (Remote working considered)
Location: United Kingdom
Salary: GBP35000 - 38000 per Annum
Benefits: part home working, discount scheme, well established company
Job Ref: PLYHBCSE
Posted: 31/03/2022Apply Now
Wise Employment are recruiting for a Customs Specialist within Imports/Shipping with proven Customs knowledge. This is an exciting and challenging permanent role and an excellent opportunity to join one of Plymouth’s fastest growing companies.
As a Customs Specialist with at least 2 years proven experience, you will review and implement classification, clearance and compliance checks to future proof the growing business. You will also engage with other key departments to assist in new operational requirements (ROI shipments). This role will suit a candidate who likes problem solving and a challenge, by utalising your skills to work under pressure. Your application for this role must show experiance within the imports/export sector as well as areas of the following:
- Importing & Exporting documentation requirments
- C88, E2 documentation detail and MSS Reports
- Customs Complience and certification requirments
- Tarrif Classifications (Experianced with the online Tarrif - UK & EU)
- Clearing of Customs Procedures including entry instructions
Responsibilities - You must be able to demonstrate experience within the Import/Export sector with specific knowledge in the following areas
- Tariff Classification & Reviews (experience with online Tariff – UK & EU)
- ROI documentation checks (Ireland/Brexit)
- Keeping up to date with latest HMRC and EU notices & regulations
- Monitoring clearance compliance and performance in accordance with the CFSP / Customs Warehouse compliance requirements
- Supporting customs entry preparation & instructions (additional checks and audits to meet the CFSP / Customs Warehouse compliance requirements – including Origin Preferences and document declarations)
- Checking & Monitoring of Customs Entries – C88/E2/Deferment & MSS reports, for compliance checks (ensuring adjustments actioned accordingly)
- Developing & maintaining own Customs knowledge, whilst contributing to the Customs & Product knowledge within the Imports Team and wider business
- Working with the Import Manager to develop current Customs best business practices to support future growth
- Customs compliance & certification requirements
- Importing and Exporting documentation requirements (Rules of Origin, Tariff Preferences & Anti-Dumping declarations etc.)
At least 2 years’ experience working within the specified areas of responsibility listed above
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multitask with maintained accuracy and productivity
- An effective confident communicator with stakeholders
- Proficient written, numerical and analytical skills
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and an understanding of Online Tariff & Custom packages.
This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive rate of pay.
Hours of work is Monday to Friday 08.45 – 17.30, remote working will be considered for the right candidate but an office visit of at least one day per week will be required.
In return, this role will offer the opportunity to work in a modern office a competitive salary and a company discount scheme.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and feel you meet the above requirements then please send us your CV to email@example.com or call us on 01752 603 800
We look forward to hearing from you today! Apply Now