Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: GBP21000 - 21000 per Annum
Benefits: Weekly pay, online payslips.
Job Ref: PLYBA
Posted: 05/03/2021Apply Now
Wise Employment are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst for one of the UK's fastest growing retailers based in the Plymouth area. Due to ongoing success, they are looking to expand their department and continue going from strength to strength.
As the Business Analyst you will assist in developing, implementing and maintaining margin protection and oversight strategies to meet agreed company objectives. You will report to the Head of Margin and Analytics
This role requires someone to demonstrate strong commercial awareness, have clarity about how performance will be measured and to have a proven background in Retail Head Office support roles whilst having strong PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Emails.
You will need experience with relevant marketing software applications and have a clean drivers licence and own car
- Assisting in margin protection and oversight strategies against 3 key areas. These being:
- Calculated Margin
- Transactional Margin
- Analysis of Store Profit & Margin.
- Working with teams within Buying, Supply Chain and Retail to define and prioritise requirements
- Product purchase analysis
- Store and product analysis by demographic / affluence
- Departmental space analytics
- Analysis on store & range profitability
- Bay rationalisation
- Store Erosion analytics including Write Offs, Manual Discounts and Adjustments
- Ensure store turnover, profit and margin is on target vs company objectives
- Provide recommendation based on analytical data on best and poor performing products
- Provide meaningful reports to the Head of Margin Protection & Analytics, recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing profit and margin
- Conduct investigations into identified areas of concern
- Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin protection.
- Assist others in the validation of Companywide project proposals & business cases which involve capital or other significant expenditure
- Visible and happy to help other team members of the team whilst planning your time and priorities
- To project confidence and enthusiasm with selling ideas to the team
- Thinks clearly and quickly about issues, has an eye for detail and identifies critical information, copes well with complexity and uses relevant information to make the correct judgement.
- Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be missed.
This is temp to perm role, working Monday – Friday: 08:45 – 17:30 (38.75 hours per week).
28 days’ holiday per annum, inclusive of bank holidays. A company discount scheme is available upon successful completion of the probation period.
If you feel you’re right for this role, please contact us on 01752 603800 or email us on Plymouth@wiseemployment.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you today!Apply Now