Location: Cornwall, England
Salary: GBP23000 - 29000 per Annum
Job Ref: PLYPPP
Posted: 23/03/2021Apply Now
Wise Employment are seeking an experienced Production/Procurement Planner to join a team within a market-leading company. This is an exciting permanent position based in mid Cornwall.
You will have experience working within a production department as you will be supporting the Production Manager to improve the accuracy of data entry into their bespoke system and to ensure routings and costing are up to date that reflects the current manufacturing processes.
This role will be a 50/50 split between Production and Purchasing
You will support the Purchasing Manager to ensure the efficient and effective flow of goods and services in support of company operations.
- Working closely with supervisors, review manufacturing routes and update as required to improve process flow through the factory, as well as review the manufacturing times to improve accuracy of lead time forecasting and pricing
- Analyse material and labour costs to ensure most cost-effective method of production is being used
- Contribute to reviews of products as part of the improvement programme
- Restructure routings to accurately represent manufacturing methods
- Rationalise descriptions on routings and parts
- To deputise for the Assistant Production Manager as required
- Management of materials and processes through interrogation of the Company’s MRP/Scheduler system
- Raising and expediting purchase orders critical to production
- Liaising with internal customers to meet direct/indirect demands
You will have
- Experience of working within a product department
- GCSE or equivalent Grade C in Mathematics and English
- Ability to communicate at all levels of business both verbally and written
- Ability to analyse, summarise and present data
- Exception attention to detail
- Experience in MRP System
- Knowledge or experience of working within a purchasing role
- Eligible to work in the UK
The hours of work are Monday to Friday working 36 hours and offers a salary of £23,000 - £29,000 depending on experience.
You will receive up to 20 days holiday + 7 bank holidays
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and feel you meet the above requirements then please send us your CV to Plymouth@wiseemployment.co.uk. Or call us on 01752 603 800
We look forward to hearing from you today! Apply Now