Trust Catering Manager
Location: Torquay, Devon, England
Salary: GBP20000 - 21000 per Annum
Job Ref: TO1143
Posted: 17/11/2020Apply Now
Trust Catering Manager - Torbay
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a School Catering Team. Are you passionate about food and want to make a difference to the children’s meal experience? Then this may be the job for you.
You will be at the forefront of providing nutritious and cost effective menus across the Trust. Improving the next generations health and well-being and continue the high standards of the food provision for pupils across the Trust.
Our client is looking for an experienced chef with a commercial background. The successful person will ensure that the quality of food remains of the highest standard. You will be able to lead the catering staff in each school to ensure that the catering teams are working consistently, develop their skills and maintain good standards at all times. You will ensure that wastage is minimised and the catering function across the Trust works to an agreed budget and is working efficiently.
- To prepare specifications for menus
- To support cooks across the Trust in ensuring that HCCP files are maintained and up to date and to carry out monitoring checks
- Work with the Trust Executive Team to develop a successful function offer to both external and internal customers
- To work with schools to ensure that menus are delivered to a high standard in each school. This will involve training on preparation and cooking methods, advising on portion sizes and presentation.
- To ensure there are regular check to ensure that the kitchen has full risk assessments in accordance with HACCP and COSHH and that cooks are supported and trained in the upkeep of this information
- Have a good understanding of catering budgets.
- This post holder is expected to be flexible and adaptable
- This post holder is required to hold a driving licence and have their own vehicle.
- Level 3 food handling/food safety
- HACCP Level 1 (willing to work up to level 3)
- Good numeracy and written/spoken English
- Computer Literacy
Closing date for applications Wednesday 2nd December at 12 noon. Interview Monday 7th December
Please send your CV email@example.com or call 01803 211500 if you require any further informationApply Now